Friday 11 July 2008

Single: Tellison - Wasp's Nest


Banquet Records are a record label close to my heart and have been since I moved to University because it’s just down the road for me. One of their favourite bands who they constantly play on at their excellent New Slang night club is Tellison who also happen to be on their Banquet Records label. Their new split single with the rather excellent Tubelord ‘Wasp’s Nest’ is quite easily my favourite song at the moment.

Sharp lyrics, a catchy chorus and some great Dartz influenced guitars make this song a beautifully crafted single. I’m not often bowled over by a single but as soon as I heard this song on their Myspace I had it on repeat. Wasp’s Nest is one of those songs that you keep going back to whenever you open your iTunes.

September 2007 saw Tellison release the full LP ‘Contact! Contact!’ on Banquet Records and Gravity DIP Records and despite that being under a year ago Tellison are back with a brand new single. Just testament that this band has a good future ahead of them and proof they can create brilliant songs. Tellison have been going for many, many years and should be going for many years to come if they can continue to write songs like ‘Wasp’s Nest’.

9/10

No comments: