Thursday 31 July 2008

Introducing: Amazing Baby

This week’s NME focuses on top 25 bands from across the pond, I’ve not read the article or seen the list but Amazing Baby are a brand spanking new band from across those waters. From Brooklyn, New York Amazing Baby are so far an unknown quantity for most people I imagine. I don’t know a great deal about the band, y’know the vital statistics of the band like how many members, names and all that stuff.

However I do know that they’ve only played a few gigs in their short career thus far but they are getting plenty of attention from plenty of places. Today I discovered their website where you can download a 4 track EP titled ‘Infinite Fucking Cross’ for absolutely sod all. Pretty cool eh?

Amazing Baby sound very psychedelic at times especially on ‘Supreme Being’ which is one of the songs featured on that free EP. My favourite song so far is definitely ‘Head Dress’ which once again dips into the psychedelic bucket for its inspiration. I do believe the band is friends with MGMT and has already played a few shows with them. So expect NME to liken them to MGMT and tar them with the same brush as any band that comes out of New York at the moment. For the record I don’t think Amazing Baby sound much if anything like current New York successes Vampire Weekend or MGMT.

To download ‘Infinite Fucking Cross’ click right here.

No comments: