Sunday 27 July 2008

Introducing: Tubelord


I’ve not really been excited by many “new” bands for a long time, and by new I mean a band who has no album and no hype surrounding them. Tubelord are probably the band I am currently most excited about. When I first listened to them a good 6 months ago I wasn’t as excited back then as I am now. I have no idea why but thankfully I went back to them and realised how good they are.

How do you describe Tubelord? Insanely different is how I sum them up. I a real mix mash of loads of different sounds. Despite having a really heavy sound there are some really softer moments with some great melodies and some softer vocals. But then the next minute they will rock the fuck out and shout their arses off. All this mixed together equals a pretty special sound. Loud drums, heavy guitars and even a harmonica at times make Tubelord a pretty unique sound.

‘Feed Me A Box Of Words’ was the first song I heard and that pretty much just sums up how I just described them. ‘Half Man Half Amazing’ is another great song by the Kingston three-piece. Another reason to why I really love them and want them to get as much success as possible is because they are from Kingston; a place pretty close to my heart whilst at University.

Tubelord are currently on tour with fellow awesome band Tellison and you can see them right across the country. Once that has finished they are touring with yet another exciting up and coming band Blakfish so they will be playing in a town near you soon so please, please go and see them.

When you go see them live with Tellison make sure you pick up the new split single which features Tubelord’s ‘Night Of The Pencils’ and the already reviewed and fucking fantastic ‘Wasps Nest’ by Tellison. I currently can’t decide which I prefer… so go out and buy it so you can decide!


No comments: