Friday 8 August 2008

Single: Golden Silvers – Arrows Of Eros


Golden Silvers are an new band, to me anyway. They remind me of a mix between Mystery Jets (new album ‘Twenty One’ sound) and a slice of Larrikin Love. Imagine that sound for a second and then think toe tapping, catchy and poppy and then you have the sound of Golden Silvers. A pretty spectacular mixture I’d suggest.

‘Arrows Of Eros’ is pretty much doing the rounds on many radio stations, however BBC Introducing was where I keep hearing it. Huw Stephens is to thank for me hearing it, good job Huw.

“There was a girl who lived in London town. The scenes and sounds, they would only bring her down” is the lyric which stands out for me. I know for sure if this song was the sound she heard living in London town it definitely wouldn’t bring her down. It would most certainly get her up on her feet and get her dancing, for sure.

‘Arrows Of Eros’ is the perfect pop debut single by Golden Silvers, the song is out via Young & Lost Club and you should buy it (here).

8/10

Golden Silvers – Arrows Of Eros

No comments: