Monday 4 August 2008

Single: Bombay Bicycle Club - Evening/Morning


I’ve followed Bombay Bicycle Club for a long time (I mean a long time) I have practically grown up with them. I saw them almost two years ago opening up the second stage at Chelmsford V Festival after they won the Road to V competition. Since then they’ve gone on to release a couple of really good EP’s but nothing that has impressed me greatly.

Until now I’ve had the new single ‘Evening/Morning’ on repeat for some time and I think it is the best song that the four piece have put together so far. If an album is coming out soon and sounds anything like this song then I can see it being a very, very, very good album.

At times the music sounds very much like something Kings of Leon would’ve come up with (first two album eras). Lead singer Jack Steadman has a very unique and obscure voice that I could imagine some people not liking however that is something I’ve always found so appealing and interesting about the band. ‘Evening/Morning’ is released via the superb Young & Lost Club and you should definitely be buying it with your pocket money this week (buy it here). “I’m ready to owe you anything” Jack sings, but trust me BBC with this song you owe us nothing!

No comments: